Mentors and Project Administration
- The project was successfully completed and we came a big step forward on the way to a sane storage api (and refactoring the code that uses it). Thanks to Heinrich!
- The project was successfully completed and we now have some nice Jabber stuff (it is already merged into 1.7 main branch even). Thanks to Karol!
- The project was successfully completed and we now have classification functions for moin. Thanks to Marian!
- details later
Mentors and students should try to hang on on irc.freenode.net #moin and #moin-dev as much as possible. If you have a flat rate, just don't log out.
As you will have to submit code to Google, have a look at GoogleSoc2006 on how to generate the necessary patch file.
What we expected
Clean (see CodingStyle).
- Working (try to do small changes, step by step, returning to a working state as often as possible).
- Tested (setup a local test wiki, write unit tests, ...).
- For developers (e.g. docstrings)
- For users (where appropriate - e.g. as CHANGES entries or Help* wiki pages).
- Regular communication:
- Stay online on #moin-dev.
- Talk about your plans and what you do.
- Ask for help if you are blocked.
- Regular work:
- Citing Google: "your main activity for the summer".
- There must be at least 1 push to your public repo for each day you worked on your project (try to do clean commits, 1 commit per feature / per sub task).